Statement for Patients November 2021
COVID Vaccine Exemption Certificates
GPs and their teams cannot issue vaccination exemption certificates, as per the Scottish Government. Further information on the vaccination exemption certificate schemes, including information on safe vaccination and routes to obtain an exemption can be found on the Scottish Government and NHS inform websites. Alternatively you can call the free NHS COVID helpline on : 0800 196 8565
The Health Board will shortly contact you with an appointment for your Flu & COVID vaccination. The Practice is not involved in the delivery of these vaccines and are unable to rearrange or make any appointments for patients. If the appointment you receive is unsuitable, please contact the vaccination helpline on the number provided on your invitation letter.
The Scottish Government requires General Practice and other healthcare settings to have different infection control and physical distancing guidance to other places such as hospitality and shops. This is to help reduce the risk to practice staff and to people attending the practice who may be at greater risk if they catch Covid-19.
From 19 July 2021, the following rules still apply in all GP surgeries:
- wearing of face coverings by patients and the public (unless exempt)
- physical distancing of 2 metres in waiting areas
- contact your practice by telephone in the first instance
- wearing of PPE by staff
- screening of all patients attending the practice for Covid-19 symptoms
Self-Referral to Physiotherapy
You can now self-refer to the NHS Lanarkshire physio service - please click the link for further information https://www.nhslanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk/services/physiotherapy-msk/
Proof of COVID Vaccination Letters
A vaccination status letter can be downloaded from the NHS Inform patient portal or, for those not online, requested in the post via a Freephone Covid Status Helpline.
Only those planning to travel to a country or territory where a record of vaccination status is needed as an entry requirement should download the record or request it.
To download your vaccination status letter please go to www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status or if you do not have access to the internet, please call 0808 196 8565 and your letter will be posted to you.
Please do not contact the Practice for this purpose.
Please keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 information at https://www.nhsinform.scot/ and NHS Lanarkshire also have a FAQ section on their website regarding GP practices: https://www.nhslanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk/novel-corona-virus-covid-19/recovery-gp-faq/
- ROUTINE GP APPOINTMENTS: routine GP appointments are available as telephone consultations in the first instance. At the time of booking your appointment the receptionist will require your details and a short description of your problem. We would be grateful if you could provide this information which is treated in the strictest confidence. GPs will be looking ahead at their appointments and if they wish you to be seen as a face to face consultation this will be arranged. Remember our outgoing telephone number appears as 0800 678 3393 (and you cannot call this number back), or as a withheld/private number.
- ROUTINE NURSE APPOINTMENTS: appointments are available at a reduced capacity to allow for cleaning of rooms between patients and for physical distancing in the waiting area. The practice will continue to call patients for chronic disease management.
- HEALTH CENTRE BUILDING: the building remains LOCKED to the public to reduce unnecessary footfall so please do not attend unless you have been asked to, either for an appointment or to hand a requested sample in. If you have been asked to attend, you will need to use the intercom at the front door. Please attend your appointment alone if possible to keep numbers in the waiting area reduced and wear a face covering if you can.
- ORDERING PRESCRIPTIONS: If you need to order a prescription, please do so via our 24/7 telephone line 01236 828224, via Online Services (if you are registered) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org - as the front doors are locked, the prescription collection box in Reception is closed and the Receptionists WILL NOT take any over the desk.
- COLLECTING PRESCRIPTIONS: once issued, prescriptions will be sent to the patient's preferred chemist - if you are due to collect a prescription, PLEASE DO NOT COME to the practice - please advise our reception team which chemist you would like it to be sent to when placing your order (Boots Kilsyth, Well, Charteris, Boots Craigmarloch or Twechar pharmacy).
- SICK LINES: once issued, sick lines will be posted out to patients (if you are SELF-ISOLATING you do not require a sick line from a GP, as this is a Public Health issue employers should be following the government advice - if your employer needs something then you can send an 'isolation note' - visit https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note).
- MIDWIFE APPOINTMENTS: the midwives are operating as normally as possible, to make an appointment or for advice please call them on 01236 794110/794109
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please visit the NHS Inform website (shown above) in the first instance. If you are struggling to manage these symptoms, please contact NHS24 on 111 to be assessed by a call handler. Remember in the event of any medical emergency to call 999.
Thank you for your continued support during this challenging time.